[Help-gsl] multimin compiling errors

From: D D
Subject: [Help-gsl] multimin compiling errors
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:32:33 -0700

I'm on a Mac (10.6.4) with gcc version 4.2.1 (from Xcode version 3.2.4).
Last year I was using multimin (gsl version 1.13) without any problems. I
updated my computer and installed gsl 1.14.

When I try to use any of my multimin code (or even the example code in the
gsl documentation library (36.9)), I get the same error each time.

First, if I just try to run the complete (example) code, I get an error
based on one of the printf statements close to the bottom of the example:

       example.c: In function ‘main’:
       example.c:89: warning: format ‘%5d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument
2 has type ‘size_t’

I can trace the problem back to the call to gsl_multimin_fminimizer_set

       gsl_multimin_fminimizer_set (s, &minex_func, x, ss);

(the file compiles and runs up to the call to this function). If I comment
out everything subsequent to this function, I get the following errors when
I try to run the code:

       dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _cblas_daxpy
         Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libgsl.0.dylib
         Expected in: flat namespace

       dyld: Symbol not found: _cblas_daxpy
         Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libgsl.0.dylib
         Expected in: flat namespace

This example (and the rest of my code) ran just fine last year under
gsl-1.13. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks for any suggestions!