[Help-gsl] Use of assembler code in matrix get element functions. Could

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: [Help-gsl] Use of assembler code in matrix get element functions. Could be useful?
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:36:00 +0200

Hello,
First of all I should say that I don't know nothing about assembler
programming, so this is only a question.
In gsl_matrix_get functions the code that calculates the position of
an element in the storing vector is 'i * m->tda + j', that is a
product plus an addition. Could be a speed improving the
implementation of these operations in assembler via the asm() gcc
facilities? It could be programmed in assembler for x86 machines (so
these are the most common) and in standard C for the others.

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden
(o<
/ / \