[Help-gsl] HELP Please - Example of gsl_bspline_knots

From: Atul D. Patil
Subject: [Help-gsl] HELP Please - Example of gsl_bspline_knots
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:16:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Anyone please can send/point me example program that uses gsl_bspline_knots
function?
The one GNU has given in user guide uses gsl_bspline_knots_uniform function.

I am new to GSL and doing some research work using it. I've stuck over this
problem for last few days
and I tried few things but it didn't work.

What I want to do is quite simple:
I've intermittent X values which are not in any sequence (e.g. 6, 16, 28, 33,
46, 67, 76, 79, 86.. etc)
and I've corresponding Y values (1280, 1302, 1325, 1295, 1187, 1123, 1024, 987,
865.. etc)

All I want to do is computes a linear least squares fit to this data using
cubic
B-spline basis functions,
so that I shall get output the smoothed curve of Y values. Also, for sequential
X values (for e.g. values between
6 to 16 OR 16 to 28 in above example) I shall get corresponding Y values on the
smoothed graph obtained by B-spline functions.

I believe I need non-uniform knots to do this (I might be wrong. Please correct
me if I am)
Tell me if I can achieve this using uniform knots.

In either case, example code would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation,
Atul D. Patil