Re: [Help-gsl] Spanish translation GSL Reference Manual

From: Javier Enciso
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Spanish translation GSL Reference Manual
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 19:37:22 +0200

Hi Alejandro,

I agree. The best we can do is to localize the English text from the original texi files. Special characters (ñ, á, ü, etc.) might be encoded using either some macro (@'a) or direct input (after choosing the proper encoding, i.e., UTF-8 for the texi files) - that was the same case for Octave's Spanish package http://octave.sourceforge.net/es/index.html.

On other related business, on May 26 I've applied for the registration of a new project at the Savannah repository. At the moment I'm still waiting for its approval. The idea is to store the Spanish translation GSL Reference Manual on that server, it that OK for you? Otherwise we can explore other alternatives.

Javier