Re: [Help-gsl] fGSL: GSL binding for MySQL

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] fGSL: GSL binding for MySQL
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 11:20:29 +0200

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 10:02:52PM +0200, Ferhat Bingol wrote:
> I do not distribute modified GSL or MySQL. They work with the official
> distribution version; as they are. It is user's work to find and
> install them to his/her system.
>
> So, my conclusion for now was, if you use fGSL, you use it with the
> licence I choose (GPL 3.0) and at the same time, you have to take into
> account MySQL and GSL licences separately and it is the end users
> responsibility to cover the results of this action.

If you are only talking on the source level, that might be okay; I'm not
sure about that, you might want to ask the FSF. Although I wouldn't
expect a clear 'yes' or 'no' from them.

However, this type of conflict prevents distribution of binary packages
(think windows installer packages, distribution packages, ...). Whether
you consider this a problem is up to you.

        Thomas