Re: [Help-gsl] fGSL: GSL binding for MySQL

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] fGSL: GSL binding for MySQL
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 21:22:58 +0200

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 03:50:31PM +0200, Ferhat Bingol wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> I have started a small project which has the final goal of developing
> a Scientific MySQL distribution for standalone or cluster scientific
> computing.
>
> The project documentation is located at
> http://wiki.ferhatbingol.com/index.php/Category:MySci
>
> One of the packages is based on GSL library;
> http://wiki.ferhatbingol.com/index.php/MySci:fGSL
>
> It is still under development but I just wanted to send this
> information out. Maybe you might find it useful for your studies
> and/or would like to comment on it.

I hope I'm wrong with the following, because your project sounds
interesting, but:

mysql.h (and all of MySQL) is licensed under GPL2-only.
GSL (at least the latest version) is licensed under GPL3-or-later.

See
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#v2v3Compatibility
for the resulting problem.

        Thomas