Re: [Help-gsl] Binary installer for GSL-1.13 on MinGW

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Binary installer for GSL-1.13 on MinGW
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:44:20 +0000

At Sun, 24 Jan 2010 14:48:19 +1100,
John Pye wrote:
> Licensing... can anyone tell me what the correct thing to do in this
> case is? I am distributing FOSS packages licensed under GNU and they
> contain statically linked bits of GSL, also licensed under GSL. What do
> I have to do to correctly and legally acknowledge this fact?

In a nutshell, you need to include a notice telling people the
software is under the GNU GPL and how they can get all the source
needed to produce any binary that you distribute.

For more information see the COPYING file in the GSL distribution or
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html

--
Brian Gough