[Help-gsl] Linking error

From: Eggenschwiler Florent
Subject: [Help-gsl] Linking error
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:57:04 +0100

Hello,
I am working at EPFL on a project where I have to use a fitting routine
allowing a nonlinear least squares fit to be done. By using the GSL library, I
succeed in fitting my data by using a code similar to the one provided in:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Example-programs-for-Nonlinear-Least_002dSquares-Fitting.html,
 apart from the fact that my fitted function was of the sinus cubic shape
instead of exponential. I did the compilation by using Visual Studio 6 (on a
Windows system) and I also added the files libgsl.a and libgslcblas.a to the
project settings. The next step was to use this fitting tool provided by the
GSL in a biomedical computer where the code is cross compiled which means that
it should be compiled for Windows and for Linux. I thus tried to change the
extension of the .a files to .so files since the Linux system needs .so files,
but a problem happend when linking:

ERROR: Z:/n4_deli_vb15/vista_xlinux/delivery/lib/libgsl.so: could not read
symbols: Bad value

I think that this error is due to the fact that I modified the .a files into
.so files, but I searched the files libgsl.so and libgslcblas.so without
success. Does someone have any idea where I could find at least a
libgslcblas.so file allowing this error to be cancelled? Or does someone have
any other suggestion to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Florent Eggenschwiler