[Help-gsl] Domain error in function gsl_sf_hyperg_U_int for a negative a

From: Nacho Molina
Subject: [Help-gsl] Domain error in function gsl_sf_hyperg_U_int for a negative argument
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:08:19 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to use the special function gsl_sf_hyperg_U_int(int n, int m, double x) and it seems it is implemented only for x being positive. Is it that true? I could not find any reference about that on the manual. I have used mathematica and it is able to give a value for x < 0 what makes me think that the function is well defined on negative real numbers.

Thank you very much for your work and hlep,
Nacho.