[Help-gsl] Re: gsl c++ wrapper ?

From: Rodney Sparapani
Subject: [Help-gsl] Re: gsl c++ wrapper ?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:56:58 -0500

marco cammarata wrote:
Hi everyone,

I know I'm probably opening an already discussed issue but I would like
to know if there is any good and maintained c++ wrapper. I found many
(gslwrap, gslmm, ...) but all incomplete and/or not maintained.
Is it possible that there is no concerted effort on this ?

Many thanks in advance,
marco

Hi Marco:

Believe it or not, it's possible.  The reason that there
is no concerted effort, I'm guessing, is that GSL is a C library
after all.  As far as C++ by itself goes, I think all of the action
has moved on to boost.  I have looked at boost, but I have been using
my own version of gslwrap (there are now at least 3 variants).  There
is also lapack++ which morphed into TNT, but I never had any luck at
all with that.

Rodney