[Help-gsl] Re: question about dirichlet lnpdf function (potential bug)

From: Rodney Sparapani
Subject: [Help-gsl] Re: question about dirichlet lnpdf function (potential bug)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:21:54 -0500

Brian Gough wrote:
You're right that the GSL function signals an error which is unwanted
here. lngamma(0) is infinity and gsl_sf_lngamma gives an overflow
error, but since the infinity is in the denominator of the final
result there is no need for the error.

Hi Brian:

Now, I'm not so sure.  I see in the GSL docs that you allow the
alphas to be positive including zero.  However, GCSR says that
the alphas>0.  What does alpha1=0 mean?

Rodney