[Help-gsl] 2F1 hypergeometric domain error

From: Taylor Binnington
Subject: [Help-gsl] 2F1 hypergeometric domain error
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 14:26:43 -0400

Hello,
When I call gsl_sf_hyperg_2F1(0, -2, -4, 0.5) I get a domain error. I
understand where it comes from, by looking in the course code, but I'm not
sure why the routine does not simply provide 1.0000 as the output, which it
should be. If I change the -4 to -4.1, for example, THEN my output is
1.00000 as it should be but I wish I didn't have to manually do this each
time. Does anyone know how I can get around this issue?
Taylor