RE: [Help-gsl] Truncated normal distribution using gsl_rng_gaussian

From: Abbas Alhakim
Subject: RE: [Help-gsl] Truncated normal distribution using gsl_rng_gaussian
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:43:20 -0500

Chadia, the first method that comes to me is rejection. This means that you
keep generating regular Gaussion variables, using the GSL generator, with the
prescribed mean and std dev until the outcome is in the interval where you want
it to be. That is, you accept permissible values and you toss the other values
away!

Is this what you have used before?

Abbas Alhakim