Re: [Help-gsl] What to do with my modifications to some GSL functions

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] What to do with my modifications to some GSL functions
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 08:32:18 +0000

At Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:31:10 -0500,
Maxime Boissonneault wrote:
> I was wondering what to do with these modifications ? Is there a way to
> submit them for approval to GSL so that they are integrated to the
> library ? Should I simply copy the required files from GSL source code,
> modify them and link them instead of the library when compiling my code ?
> The latter (copying the files and modify them) is what I did up to now.

Thanks for your email.

Copying the files into the application is the simplest way to do
things.  For other people you could put the files on the web with some
explanation and send the url here, I'll link to it from the GSL
webpage.

If you want to track changes in the source, it is possible to do that
with 'git' from our repository at savannah.gnu.org.

> However, I plan to publish this code under GPL license, and I'm then
> wondering what I should do with the copyrights for these modifications.

You should add your own copyright notice at the top of the file,
leaving the existing ones unchanged.

--
Brian Gough

GNU Scientific Library -