[Help-gsl] Re: gsl not getting along with gdb

From: Rodney Sparapani
Subject: [Help-gsl] Re: gsl not getting along with gdb
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 08:57:22 -0600

address@hidden wrote:
When I try to use gdb to step through GSL functions, I get a series of
warnings of the form:

warning: Could not find object file
"/Users/mydir/gsl-1.10/.libs/libgsl.lax/libgslwavelet.a/dwt.o" - no debug
information available for "dwt.c".

My code compiles correctly.

I'm running version 1.10 of GSL on a Mac Leopard OS. I've tried installing
from both source and using package managers (both fink and darwinports). All
installations take place correctly, without any errors. The only
installation I have now is from source, having uninstalled other versions.
However, I get the warnings mentioned above when I use gdb.

Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix it? My next
step is throwing my computer out the window.

Thanks.

Well, I've seen similar problems caused by libtool bugs, but not with gdb per se. Do these files actually exist? If it is a libtool bug,
then there is always hope that it has been fixed.  Did you try GSL 1.11?

--
Rodney Sparapani      Center for Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
Sr. Biostatistician              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor