[Help-gsl] _Decimal32 support and compiling the library

From: Hollin R. Wilkins
Subject: [Help-gsl] _Decimal32 support and compiling the library
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:52:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,

I am Hollin Wilkins and new to this list. I am currently developing an
application that requires vector and matrix math, and I want to use the
GSL (currently using Meschach). I want to be able to do decimal arithmetic
(with _Decimal32 types), and it doesn't seem like the library currently
supports it. I would be willing to implement this functionality for
vectors, matrices and blocks, but I am running into a few problems getting
started, as I do not have much experience developing with Linux.

I keep on getting the following error when I try to run ./configure:

$ ./configure
./configure: line 1722: syntax error near unexpected token `gnu'
./configure: line 1722: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(gnu no-dependencies)'

My guess is that I have a bad version of automake or a missing dependency,
but I am not sure which.

Can anyone help with this problem? Does anyone see any problems with
developing a _Decimal32 implementation of the vectors, matrices, and
blocks?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Hollin