Re: [Help-gsl] Re: (A newbie asks) How to program multidimensional root

From: Olumide
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Re: (A newbie asks) How to program multidimensional root solver?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 05:35:22 +0100

What do you think of scilab's fsolve? -- I'm assuming you're an expert-type person in this area ;-) . I'm not liking ASCEND's documentation. ('Way too much to fluff to wade though.)

Both Scilab and Octave have good solvers.

The advantage of Octave over Scilab is it's easier to get Matlab scripts
running provided they don't use graphics.

Thanks.

By the way, I've solved the problem with Octave :) (woo-hoo). Now I can write use the GSL solvers.