Re: [Help-gsl] Cross product between two vectors

From: John Pye
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Cross product between two vectors
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 16:03:26 +1000

Martin Jansche wrote:
> The 3d cross product can be easily written as a short inline function.
>  There is no GSL method for the cross product because it is not
> defined in general for arbitrary GSL vectors.  If you're doing a lot
> of 3d vector computations, you might want to look into graphics
> libraries instead of GSL.
> -- mj

Here is some fairly self-contained C code that you might like to use.
There is any number of other libraries you could try too, of course,
depending on your particular application.

http://frame3dd.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/frame3dd/trunk/src/microstran/vec3.h?view=markup
http://frame3dd.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/frame3dd/trunk/src/microstran/vec3.c?view=markup

Also a small test suite:

http://frame3dd.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/frame3dd/trunk/test/testvec3.cpp?revision=79&view=markup

If anyone one has similar code like this, please let me know. Especially
if anyone has a nice implementation of coordinate transformations
including quaternions in plain C.

Hope that helps

Cheers
JP