[Help-gsl] Compilation error for BLAS example

From: David Pleydell
Subject: [Help-gsl] Compilation error for BLAS example
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:29:56 +0000 (GMT)

Hi I am trying to run the following BLAS example

http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/BLAS-Examples.html

I followed the compiliation example at

http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Compiling-and-Linking.html

So I tried the comand

gcc -Wall -I/usr/include -c blasExample.c

But I get the following compile errors

blasExample.c: In function ‘main’:
blasExample.c:17: warning: useless type name in empty
declaration
blasExample.c:17: error: ‘A’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
blasExample.c:17: error: (Each undeclared identifier
is reported only once
blasExample.c:17: error: for each function it appears
in.)
blasExample.c:18: warning: useless type name in empty
declaration
blasExample.c:18: error: ‘B’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
blasExample.c:19: warning: useless type name in empty
declaration
blasExample.c:19: error: ‘C’ undeclared (first use in
this function)

This is a real C newbie question, but shouldn't the
BLAS example contain some declaration lines, and if so
what should they look like?

Thanks
Dave

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.