Re: [Help-gsl] bilinear interpolation

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] bilinear interpolation
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:26:56 +0000

Hello,

I was looking at implementing bilinear interpolation as I needed it for something I was working on. The actual math is quite easy to implement in code (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Bilinear_interpolation). However, as I don't have any developer level knowledge of GSL (I'm just a user), I would find the trick bit coding in such a way to make in consistent with GSL style.

Maybe one of the developers here could describe what the interface would look like and others could supply the implementation?

My guess would be,

new file... gsl_interp2d.h

gsl_interp2d * gsl_interp2d_alloc(const gsl_interp2d_type * T, size_t size_x, size_t size_y);

int gsl_interp2d_init (gsl_interp2d * interp, const double xa[], const double ya[], const double za[][], size_t size_x, size_t size_y);

void gsl_interp2d_free (gsl_interp2d * interp);

etc...

The Evaluation of Interpolating Functions might need some knowledge of the actual implementation so I will stop there. What do you think?

Dan.