Re: [Help-gsl] non-linear least squares fitting

From: Barrett Foat
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] non-linear least squares fitting
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:32:04 -0600 (CST)

I am not as familiar with the Simplex method (so correct me if I'm wrong), but I think the "size" of the simplex is internal to the method and not directly related to the RMSE for your equation. You are probably going to need to read up on the method to see what exactly it means or tinker with the size threshold to give a final RMSE you are happy with. You, of course, do not need to use the simplex size criterion. You could stop using some criterion you devise based on the RMSE, number of iterations you will allow, or whatever.

Barrett Foat