[Help-gsl] undefined reference of gsl_eigen_gensymmv_sort

From: Andrea Duggento
Subject: [Help-gsl] undefined reference of gsl_eigen_gensymmv_sort
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:45:21 +0000

Hi guys!

I am trying to use the function  gsl_eigen_gensymmv_sort .
I would have written to address@hidden if this function wasn't so important
and (probably well tested).
Well, I have  Debian  2.6.18-4-486
I do massive use of a lot of gsl and gslcblas functions.
Today I used for the first time the function gsl_eigen_gensymmv_sort.
But, compiling with the command "gcc  -lm -lgslcblas -lgsl  main.c "
it returned:

/tmp/ccDjxg9A.o: In function `main':
main_split.c:(.text+0xe687): undefined reference to `gsl_eigen_gensymmv_sort'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

:o

It was linking properly some other functions inside gsl_eigen.h  but not this
one?

Not knowing what to do, I decide to upgrade my gsl libraries from version 1.9
to 1.10  .
Then it compiled and linked smoothly.

I run the code and, in the moment of using the that function, in the middle of
the execution, zac:

./a.out: symbol lookup error: ./a.out: undefined symbol:
gsl_eigen_gensymmv_sort

Is it a bug? I really have not competence for understanding this thing.
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot and Cheers from Lancaster (UK)
Andrea