Re: [Help-gsl] confusion about gsl pre-compiled version for windows

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] confusion about gsl pre-compiled version for windows
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:58:28 +0300

> My problem is how to compile GSL-1.10 under windows. I am using cygwin
> which I have just updated but still receive error messages when
> executing the "make" command.

I have no problems in compiling GSL 1.10 under Cygwin (neither on
Windows 98 nor on XP). Probably your Cygwin installation is incomplete.

The minimal list of Cygwin packages sufficient to compile most of GNU
packages, including GSL, is the following:

ash-20040127-3.tar.bz2
bash-3.2.9-11.tar.bz2
binutils-20060817-1.tar.bz2
coreutils-6.7-2.tar.bz2
cygwin-1.5.24-1.tar.bz2
diffutils-2.8.7-1.tar.bz2
gcc-core-3.4.4-3.tar.bz2
grep-2.5.1a-3.tar.bz2
gzip-1.3.9-1.tar.bz2
libiconv2-1.11-1.tar.bz2
libintl8-0.15-1.tar.bz2
libintl3-0.14.5-1.tar.bz2
libintl2-0.12.1-3.tar.bz2
libncurses8-5.5-3.tar.bz2
libpcre0-6.6-1.tar.bz2
libreadline6-5.2.1-6.tar.bz2
make-3.81-1.tar.bz2
sed-4.1.5-2.tar.bz2
tar-1.16.1-1.tar.bz2
w32api-3.8-1.tar.bz2

The total size of all these packages after installation is 60 Mb.

Please note that there is a pre-compiled version of GSL 1.10 under
Cygwin. See, for example:
ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwin/release/gsl/

For more details about using Cygwin please see http://cygwin.com/ .