[Help-gsl] Res: Toeplitz solver

From: Paulo Jabardo
Subject: [Help-gsl] Res: Toeplitz solver
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:57:52 -0800 (PST)

Golub and Van Loan
Matrix Computations 3rd edition
Johns Hopkins University Press

See section 4.7

----- Mensagem original ----
De: Z F <address@hidden>
Para: address@hidden
Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 1 de Novembro de 2007 3:06:54
Assunto: Toeplitz solver

Hello everybody,

Could someone suggest a (comprehendible) reference on Toeplitz
equations
solver for a general Toeplitz matrix. I am interested in fast methods
:)

Numerical recepies has a mistake in the ALGORITHM, and in the code, of
course. (The third edition has this old bug also). It addresses vector
indecies which are out of range. (look at eq 2.8.23 and 2.824, terms
with R_{m+1} and R_{-m-1} are out of range of the vector size)

And as to myself, I can not seem to trace were the problem happens.

Thanks a lot,

ZF