[Help-gsl] segmentation error while using gsl_rng_alloc(gsl_rng_mt19937)

From: Xavier Faure-Miller
Subject: [Help-gsl] segmentation error while using gsl_rng_alloc(gsl_rng_mt19937)
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:57:19 +0200

Hi everybody

I use Dev-C++ and have installed GSL with a DevPak.
I have copied the headers and libraries and made links with Dev-C++.

I would like to generate random numbers (gaussian law)

I use this code:
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <ctime>
#include <iostream>
#include <time.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_randist.h>
#include <gsl/gsl_rng.h>

using std::cout;
using std::endl;

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
  gsl_rng *r = r;

  r = gsl_rng_alloc(gsl_rng_mt19937);

  gsl_rng_set(r, time(NULL));

  double sigma = 1;

  cout << "Loi de Gauss avec sigma= " << sigma << endl;
  for(int i = 0; i < 20; i++)
    cout << i << " : " << gsl_ran_gaussian(r, sigma) << endl;
  gsl_rng_free(r);

The code seams to compile correctly but when I execute the *.exe, I got a
segmentation error.
I have searched where the program stops and it seams that the error appears
while executing

r = gsl_rng_alloc(gsl_rng_mt19937);

Do you know how to solve my mysterioux problem?

Thank you very much

xavier