Re: [Help-gsl] IRIX 6.5 installation help

From: Bill Oliver
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] IRIX 6.5 installation help
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:08:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Sung, Raymond CW wrote:

Dear GSL Users,

I am trying to compile GSL1.9 on an SGI machine running IRIX 6.5. Since
I want to use the 64-bit libraries, I understand that I need to use the
following command to compile:

CC=cc CFLAGS="-64" LDFLAGS="-64" ./configure

However, I get an error message saying that "CC=cc command not found".
Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance,

Ray.

It's been awhile since I used an IRIX box, but as I remember, the
compiler does not come installed by default.  Are you sure that
this particular machine has the compiler on board?

billo