Re: [Help-gsl] Help Using Monte Carlo Integration for Double Integrals

From: Martin Jansche
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Help Using Monte Carlo Integration for Double Integrals
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:04:04 -0400

Can you be more specific about which bounds you want to replace by
variables, and do you know anything about the range of values those
variables can take on?

For example, if you know that t <= 1, you can solve the inner definite
integral analytically:

  int(1/(1-y), y=0..t, assuming t <= 1) = -log(1-t)

And then, if you replace the upper bound in the outer integral by a
variable u with the restriction that u <= 1, you get

  int(1/t * (-log(1-t)), t=0..u, assuming u <= 1) = gsl_sf_dilog(u)

So in this special case, you don't need any of the numerical
integration routines.

-- mj