Re: [Help-gsl] gsl_linalg_LU_decomp Function

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl_linalg_LU_decomp Function
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:39:29 -0500

> Since the length of  'indx' is the same as 'matrix', your earlier post about
> the
> square matrix got me thinking. However, I am now certain that 'matrix' has
> dimensions (mat_size + 1) * (mat_size + 1), thus making it square.

Although GSL matrices are represented as contiguous in memory,
column-major Fortran order, this isn't generally something that you
need to concern yourself much with. Think of a gsl_matrix like you
would of any other matrix: an NxM array with N*M elements, of course.

> Are their any other conditions on the use of LU permutations in GSL?

No, just that the size of the permutation has to be the same as the
size as one of the dimensions of the matrix.

This is all easier than you seem to think. :-)

- Jordi G. H.