Re: [Help-gsl] const gsl_odeiv_step_type

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] const gsl_odeiv_step_type
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 14:06:20 +0200

On 02.06.2007, at 20:52, Frank Hrebabetzky wrote:

The ODE example program contains the line

  const gsl_odeiv_step_type * T = gsl_odeiv_step_rk8pd;

[...]

  const gsl_odeiv_step_type * T;
  T = &gsl_odeiv_step_rk8pd;

Don't you see the difference? If you just insert a line break in the first line ad then add the "; T ", you should come up with something like this:

const gsl_odeiv_step_type * T;
T = gsl_odeiv_step_rk8pd;

I am aware that this is more a C than a gsl question, but I don't know where else to post it.

Maybe you should first take a somewhat closer look at Kernighan & Ritchie (or your favorite C book -- you have one, don't you?) instead of posting and wasting other's time?

Greetings,
Jochen
--
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit http://www.Jochen- Kuepper.de