Re: [Help-gsl] gsl_multifit_function_fdf callbacks in C++

From: eknecronzontas
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl_multifit_function_fdf callbacks in C++
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 05:16:49 -0700 (PDT)

This won't work, as normal function pointers cannot hold pointers to member
functions. You'll have to either declare the member function as static, as you
suggest, or write a global function wrapper. I should point out also that, in
the example below, the function callback_df has to have the same argument list
as a gsl_multifit function (did you just omit the arguments for clarity?), and
that a multifit function may be different from a multimin function. Of course
you could also use my c++ library (wink wink -
http://tharkad.pa.msu.edu/~asteiner/hal/html/index.html)
Take care,
Andrew