Re: [Help-gsl] Building a shared library that links with GSL

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Building a shared library that links with GSL
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 19:28:14 +0200

On 02.05.2007, at 19:10, John D Lamb wrote:

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 11:58 +0100, Joseph Wakeling wrote:
I'm building a small simulation library that makes use of some GSL
functions.  However, I'm a novice with autotools and I'm having some
trouble working out how to check that GSL is installed and its header
files are in place.

What lines do I need to add to configure.ac to make sure that GSL is
present and correct with necessary files for development?

Here's what I use:

[...]

Just for your choice, that's another version:

AC_CHECK_LIB([atlas], [ATL_xerbla])
AC_SEARCH_LIBS([cblas_dgemm], [atlas cblas gslcblas], [],
               AC_MSG_ERROR([CBLAS is required.]))
AC_CHECK_LIB([gsl], [main], [],
             AC_MSG_ERROR([GNU Scientific library is required.]))

Greetings,
Jochen
-- Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit http://www.Jochen- Kuepper.de
        Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll