[Help-gsl] unused variable warning

From: Awhan Patnaik
Subject: [Help-gsl] unused variable warning
Date: 28 Mar 2007 21:18:54 -0000

I am using g++ compiler to integrate a system of ordinary differential
equations. I have turned on the warning flags
-W and -Wall  -Werror
Please use the following page for references to the language and terminology
that I will use to describe my problem
http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/gslref/DefiningtheODESystem.html
My problem is that in my case the derivates do not depend on time ``t\"
int (* function) (double t, const double y[], double dydt[], void * params)

 ^^^^^^^^^^
{
  stuff here does not depend on ``t\"
}
Presuming that the function declaration is a standard one is GSL. How can I get
rid of the warning?
Is there some elegant way apart from a dirty hack of using ``t\" is some
operation which has no real meaning and
exists only to get rid of the warning ?
Please bcc my email id as I don\'t subscribe to the mailing list.
Thanks in advance