[Help-gsl] Why does matlab's spline perform better than GSL or what ?

From: Didem Unat
Subject: [Help-gsl] Why does matlab's spline perform better than GSL or what ?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:22:36 -0700

Hello,

I needed an interpolation library for my application. When I coded it in
matlab and used interp("spline") and
coded it in C++ and called the gsl function cspline, I got better results
from matlab.

I am wondering what matlab does different than gsl? or am I missing
something ? I really need better accuracy.
I know matlab uses 4th order accuracy.

Did anyone else test interpolation with similar programs coded in matlab and
c and compare the results?

Thank you.
--
~didem