Re: [Help-gsl] Question: gsl in C++ ??

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Question: gsl in C++ ??
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:52:13 -0600

On 14/03/07, eknecronzontas <address@hidden> wrote:
    Since we're talking about C++ array types, in addition to TNT I also ought
mention Blitz++. In regards to speed, Blitz is the one to compete with.
     3) I'm still not convinced valarrays are faster. C-style arrays can be
used to do
stack-based arithmetic, which is naturally faster than arrays allocated on the
heap?

I just realised that Boost has a BLAS interface too. Since this is
going to go into the C++09 standard, it might be worth using it too.

    http://www.boost.org/libs/numeric/ublas/doc/overview.htm

I'll also look at Blitz... Hrmm... this is going to be a rather large project.

I'll keep you posted like you requested. I'll see my thesis advisor
tomorrow and ask him about this summer of code thing and what he
thinks.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.