Re: [Help-gsl] Writing Chebychev coefficients to disk

From: Paulo Jabardo
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Writing Chebychev coefficients to disk
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:32:59 -0300 (ART)

What could be interesting is to develop some
guidelines on serialization of GSL objects. Any
feature would have a standard way to write the code to
a file (or stream) and a standard way to read it. Some
sort of ASCII file format could be developed and
objects could be written and read using this file
format.

I don't need such resource for now for my C programs
because GSL is a tiny part of my applications. I don't
know how useful tis could be but I use R-project a lot
and one of the features that I like a lot is the
possibility to saving variables and environments to a
file and being able to retrieve my work environment
later.

What do you think about this?

As for the format, there are several alternatives.
Some XML thing, or, what I consider a better solution,
some scripting language such as GUILE or LUA.

Paulo