Res: [Help-gsl] Passing data to multidim minimization routines

From: Paulo Jabardo
Subject: Res: [Help-gsl] Passing data to multidim minimization routines
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:03:33 -0800 (PST)

If I understand you correctly, this is easy. I've never used the
multidimensional minimization routines but the same strategy is used throughout
gsl.

To specify a function to be minimized there is the type
gsl_multimin_function_fdf or
gsl_multimin_function

In these structs, the functions are specified in fields such as

double (*f) (const gsl_vector *X, void * PARAMS)

To specify the 'constant' parameters, you should use the PARAMS field.

See this template as a simple example:

typedef struct
{
   double a;
   double b;
} MyParams;

double
fun(const gsl_vector *X, void *PARAMS)
{
    MyParams *param = (MyParams *) PARAMS;
}

Just create a data structure with the fields you need and then coerce the
PARAMS  argument to the type where you store the parameters.

I hope this helps

Paulo