[Help-gsl] Passing data to multidim minimization routines

From: Michael Braun
Subject: [Help-gsl] Passing data to multidim minimization routines
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:53:03 -0500

I'm hoping that someone on this discussion list can point me in the right
direction with an issue I am having using the multidimensional minimization
routines.  My objective function is a function of both parameters for which I
need to find optimizing values, as well as "data" that does not change (similar
to maximum likelihood estimation for a dataset).  The gsl documentation is
clear about how to write the objective and gradient functions when the only
parameters are those that are modified by the optimization algorithm, but I
cannot find a reference or example about how to pass additional parameters or
data to that function through the optimizer.

Best wishes,

Michael Braun
MIT Sloan School of Management
address@hidden