[Help-gsl] problem in random number

From: Jiajun Gu
Subject: [Help-gsl] problem in random number
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:37:03 -0400

Hi All,

I am having a problem in using random generating function. I am generating a
uniformly distributed random number from 0 to 1 in a function. I used

rd=gsl_ran_flat(r,0,1);

The line is in a sub function. I call that function many times in the
main function. In the first couple hundreds of time, it worked fine.
But it gave me an error messge when I call it again. I used gdb, the error
message is

0x0804c7f8 in gsl_ran_flat (r=0x82415a8, a=0, b=1) at ../gsl/gsl_rng.h:169
169       return (r->type->get_double) (r->state);

Does anybody know what is happening here? I really appreciate if you can
give some help.

Best,
Jiajun