[Help-gsl] Floating point operations in gsl_poly_complex_solve function

From: Will Leckie
Subject: [Help-gsl] Floating point operations in gsl_poly_complex_solve function
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:55:07 -0400

Hi,

I'm doing some theoretical analysis of an algorithm I've developed that calls
gsl_poly_complex_solve_quadratic(), gsl_poly_complex_solve_cubic(), and
gsl_poly_complex_solve().

Can you give an estimate of the number of floating point operations used by
each of these functions (or, an estimate of the average number of operations if
there is some variance due to error cancelation or other iterative schemes)?  I
use the gsl_poly_complex_solve function to solve quartic (4th order)
polynomials.

Thanks for your help!

Will