Re: [Help-gsl] gsl_matrix_fprintf

From: James Bergstra
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl_matrix_fprintf
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:41:53 -0400

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 03:58:50PM -0500, A J wrote:
> Could there be an issue using gsl_matrix_fprintf with a gsl_matrix which
> doesn't own it's block? I tried doing this twice:
>
> gsl_matirx_frprintf(f1,X,"%.8g");
>
> In the the first attempt, X owned it's block at the time the function was
> called. In the second attempt, this statement was moved to a later step, and
> the only apparent difference was that X was not owning it's block when the
> function was called.
>
> The call to the function is made from an iterative block which stops
> iterating when a particular condition is satisfied. Yet, the exit iteration
> number in the first attempt was different than the second attempt.
>
> Can anyone explain why this could be happening?

Perhaps you have a bug caused by one or more misplaced 'r' characters?

If the block hasn't been free'd by the real owner, then all should be
well.  No one has mentioned a problem with printing matrices.  You can
check the function source, but you'll find it isn't doing anything
surprising.

Not much help here.

James

--