Re: [Help-gsl] Re: Cannot compile example.c

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Re: Cannot compile example.c
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:36:14 +0200

"Nicolás Quesada" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm having the same problem compiling the same program under FreeBSD
> : I type:
>
> gcc -L/usr/local/lib example.o -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm
> and
> gcc example.o -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm
>
> gcc   /usr/local/include/gsl/ example.o -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm
> It is installed in /usr/local/include/gsl/
>
> the error I get is:
> ex.c:2:31: gsl/gsl_sf_bessel.h: No such file or directory

I doubt that any of the above commands produce the error message you
show. Most probably you have are running a command like "gcc
example.c" (notice the .c instead of .o?)

When reporting error, please copy&paste the complete relevant block
from your terminal/IDE/whatever!

The solution to your problem is also described in section 2 of the
manual:

,----[ (info "(gsl-ref)Compiling and Linking") ]
| If the directory is not installed on the standard search path of your
| compiler you will also need to provide its location to the preprocessor
| as a command line flag.  The default location of the `gsl' directory is
| `/usr/local/include/gsl'.  A typical compilation command for a source
| file `example.c' with the GNU C compiler `gcc' is,
|
|      $ gcc -Wall -I/usr/local/include -c example.c
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)