[Help-gsl] MLE for random distribution parameters

From: GAUTAM DIVGI
Subject: [Help-gsl] MLE for random distribution parameters
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 21:23:30 -0500

Hi,

Is there a GSL extension to compute maximum likelyhood estimates of various
random number distributions from empirical data? MLE for some distributions
is pretty straightforward ( exponential ) but for others like gamma, beta
distributions some computation / code-writing is needed. If there is are
existing functions then I would like to use them otherwise I would like to
know how to contribute these functions to future GSL releases.

Thanks and Regards,
Gautam