Re: [Help-gsl] A newbie looking for guidance

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] A newbie looking for guidance
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:00:02 +0100

Hi Louis,

I'm no expert on C++ either but it sounds like the compiler cannot find the files? Are you linking correctly to the gsl library with the correct linker flag, -lgsl? Have you included all the corrected header files in your code?

What is Dev C++ is it an IDE or compiler? You should probably use gcc to compiler with? If Dev C++ is an IDE the you will need to figure out how to pass all the linkers flags it requires and also tell it in what locations to look for headers and librarys, typically on Linux machine: /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib

All of this could be too basic for you, sorry if so! But when ever I have problems it's usually something like this.

Cheers,
Dan,.