Re: [Help-gsl] 2d FFTs, DCTs, etc.

From: Dimitris Papavasiliou
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] 2d FFTs, DCTs, etc.
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 21:51:52 +0300

Brian Gough wrote:
Dimitris Papavasiliou writes:
> It would be more logical to do it the other way round I think (that is > implement just gsl_vector versions and let the user create a view of his > arrays if needed) but it's the same thing I guess. It also means that > my wrappers won't be of much use (and I just finished the templates for > double and float today, oh well). Let me know if you're interested in > any of them or the DCTs (although they'll need some work for the initial > permutation).

If you want to put them on the web somewhere I can link to them from the
GSL webpage
Well it wouldn't be much good keeping them outside the GSL. The wrappers aren't that important in the sense that they won't save you much work. It's just that the code will look better and the API will be more complete. But I understand your points regarding maintenance etc. so it's probably best to leave it as it is.

Dimitris