Re: [Help-gsl] gsl interpolation problem

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl interpolation problem
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:34:52 +0100

Ronald Haynes writes:
 > main then calls another function X (say) which in turn calls function Y
 > (say) a bunch of times.  Inside Y I need to evaluate the same spline at a
 > bunch of different points.  But if I do
 >
 >   val = gsl_spline_eval (spline, t, acc);
 >
 > inside function Y the code terminates during runtime with a signal 11
 > termination. (It seems to compile fine...).
 >
 > Any thoughts?

Hello,

In principle it should work (from your description).

Try running under gdb, to see if there is a null or invalid pointer
for some unexpected reason:
http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/gccintro/gccintro_38.html

If that doesn't help, try posting a self-contained example to this
list.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,