Re: [Help-gsl] failed linking in gsl-1.7 on MacBookPro

From: Alessandro Toso
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] failed linking in gsl-1.7 on MacBookPro
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:21:35 -0400

Thanks a lot,

now it works by simply switching the order of libraries to link from:

-lgsl -lgslcblas -lm

to:

-lm -lgsl -lgslcblas

I thought that the order wasn't important.....
My fault!
Thanks
Bye

On Apr 5, 2006, at 12:23 PM, Brian Gough wrote:

Alessandro Toso writes:
However when I compile my program, the linker is not able to resolve
some symbols especially when I use ode and rnd functions, while with
matrix, eigenvalues functions everything works fine.

The gcc command is:

gcc -Wall -g -I../include -I/usr/local/include/gsl -L/usr/local/
lib ../obj/common.o ../obj/butterworth.o -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm  -o ../
exe/simulation_opt simulation_opt.c

See here: http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/gccintro/ gccintro_18.html

--
best regards,