[Help-gsl] Complete Gamma function for negative real argument and GSL

From: Marc Normandin
Subject: [Help-gsl] Complete Gamma function for negative real argument and GSL
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:48:51 -0500

 Greetings,

  In my research an equation needs to be solved which involves the complete
gamma function for negative argument. In the GSL documentation, I've only been
able to find gamma functions for positive real argument. Is there a standard
method to use GSL to compute values for the gamma function with negative
argument, or must I write my own version of the complete gamma function by
using the recursive property of it? That is, must I write a function to perform

Gamma(x) = Gamma(x+1)/x for -1 < x < 0

and extended it to further negative arguments?

I look forward to any responses,
   Marc.