Re: [Help-gsl] Problem with GSL

From: John D Lamb
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Problem with GSL
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 07:56:48 +0000

Mohan R Kalagotla (Student) wrote:
> Hi,
>         This is Mohan Reddy Kalagotla,Research Assisstant at Western
>  Kentucky University.I have faced a problem with GSL.Actually when i
>  am installing Gadget i got an error saying that it cannot open the
>  shared file libgsl.so.0 file.But i do have that file in the GSL
>  Libraries.Could you please help me in getting the problem solved.

My guess is that your program doesn't know where libgsl is and that the
error occurs when you use ./configure, which will probably look for GSL
in the locations specified in LD_LIBRARY_PATH (use echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to see them). If GSL is installed elsewhere (e.g. your home directory on
a unix system), you may need to specify the location. You could try
using ./configure --help (assuming that's how the installation works).

--
JDL