Re: [Help-gsl] Geometry, transformations, etc.

From: Herman Bruyninckx
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Geometry, transformations, etc.
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:40:10 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Brian Gough wrote:

Dimitris Papavasiliou writes:
> Altogether this is no big deal to implement but it would be quite useful
> as I have not found any alternative library for C and even if there was
> one, I'd probably end up using the gsl as well later on for its other
> features.  Therefore I would be willing to implement it if it's
> considered to fit into the overall gsl framework.

I don't know of any such general purpose 3d-geometry package although
there are some GNU finite element-type programs which may include
something similar.

I know that the 3D graphics simulation program Blender
<http://www.blender.org> has a customized vector and matrix library for 3D
geometrical transformations, under a free software license.

Herman

--
  K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Eng.,  Mechatronics & Robotics Research Group
    <http://people.mech.kuleuven.be/~bruyninc> Tel: +32 16 322480