[Help-gsl] Vegas, how accurate to compute integrand

From: Tommy Nordgren
Subject: [Help-gsl] Vegas, how accurate to compute integrand
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:39:30 +0100

I have a complicated Integral, in five+one dimensions. The integrand have a trigonometric dependance on five angles, and the sixth dimension is a radius going from 0 to infinity. I use vegas to integrate across the angular dependencies, where the function to be integrated is computed
by computing the fourier integral with the angles held constant.
How precise should I set the relative and absolute error bounds in the fourier integral, to allow vegas to return as accurate results as feasible. Currently I use 1e-4 as both relative and absolute error bounds.
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
address@hidden